Intermittent "Power Shell Script failed to run" after installing SQL MP 6.5.4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• We recently installed the SQL MP.  One thing I am struggling with is this "Power Shell Script failed to run" that occasionally comes up, but, not always on the same server, and not always at the same time. 

It says it ran past the configured timeout of 300 seconds. 

The post that seemed to have me on the right track was https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c539a55d-dd48-438f-b7d5-06ed2cecf6e9/powershell-script-failed-to-run-alerts-from-sql-management-pack-6410?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

However, even after getting one of the several scripts that have been generating the error, out of the extract management pack, it has parameters that need to be fed to it that I have no idea what they are....

Example.  ActiveRequestsDataSource.ps1 requires $computername, $connectionstring, $tcpport, $sql_wmi_namespace, and $servicename. 

The computername is easy enough...  so is tcpport.  but, the others... not so much. 

I am fairly certain I will be able to run these manually, if I just knew the parameters...  I am also fairly certain we are getting these because at the time of the check, resources on that server are tied up for one reason or another. 

Can someone please help?  This is killing me. 

Monday, February 16, 2015 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As this issue happens after you installing SQL MP, so from my point of view, it seems like caused by the runas account for the SQL MP is not configured well, I would like to suggest you follow the article below to configure runas account for the management pack:

Configuring Run As Accounts and Profiles in OpsMgr – A SQL Management Pack Example

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2010/09/08/configuring-run-as-accounts-and-profiles-in-r2-a-sql-management-pack-example.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:42 AM
  • Tried that... still the same thing. 

These messages are intermittent, anyway, though.  If it was a problem with the Run As accounts, it would always fail every time it tried to run these rules.  

I am surprised nobody else is getting these messages.  I just imported the SQL MP on my test environment and it also generated the same alerts at some point between yesterday and right now.  Again, only intermittently.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:16 PM
  • You should create runas account with proper permissions on SQL server for the MP.

Would you please try to test another SQL admin account as the runas account.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 20, 2015 9:22 AM