Can install MS17-010 after April & May updates? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Found something odd.

Why is it at I can manually [download patch and run] install successfully the MS17-010 update for Windows 7 even though the April and May Security & Quality cumulative updates were already installed?

Shouldn't I get something like "This update does not apply" or "This update has already been installed"? [Don't remember the wording but you get what I mean.]

Thanks

Ed

Monday, May 15, 2017 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Edward_b,

Each operating system can be installed as long as one of the four updates. If you have installed one of the other updates, you may have an error indicating that it cannot be installed.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 8:13 AM

All replies

• This is not normal behavior, check installed update and see whether they have been installed?

Try run Windows Update and install all updates.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:57 PM
  • April and May are installed. March was installed after. It did install quite fast [and still wanted a reboot].

Computer "controlled" by WSUS and no other updates available.

Ed

Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:41 PM
  • Hi Edward_b,

Each operating system can be installed as long as one of the four updates. If you have installed one of the other updates, you may have an error indicating that it cannot be installed.

Hope it will be helpful to you

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Never really did see an actual reason why what I saw occurred.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:45 AM