group policy update user configuration for not logged user RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all.

Simply I need to perform gpupdate /target:user but not for logged user. I have to update gpo of different user.

Reason is that under user I am executing Internet Explorer as (Run As) different user (not currently logged one). Therefore Internet Explorer has not updated GPO.

So is there a way how to update group policy user configuration of specific user?

Thank you very much! 

Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:49 AM

Answers

• It is not possible. “Run as” only means that you run the program with the privilege of the user. The user session is not started actually.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 7, 2011 9:12 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 6:33 AM

All replies

• It is not possible. “Run as” only means that you run the program with the privilege of the user. The user session is not started actually.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 7, 2011 9:12 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 6:33 AM
  • My idea was to somehow specifi user account for GP update based on SID of desired account. You know every account has unique SID in registry. This is just concept but I don't know how to make this work. I have no clue.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 9:00 AM
  • It is not possible
    Friday, January 7, 2011 9:12 AM