Data Warehouse SQL RS Deployed Management Pack list Request State - Health in Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have SCE 2007 installed on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Domain Controller.  I imported some updated MP's from the System Center 2007 Catalog for SCE when I noticed that the health status for the Data Warehouse SQL RS Deployed Management Pack list Request State changed from healthy to unhealthy about 4 hours later.  It does not appear that this error is affecting SCE from working, but something has gone wrong and I am unable to find an answer on the Internet.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Check if you can access the OperationsManagerDW database. And check the operating system events:

1. Open the operating system's Event Viewer. Navigate to Event Viewer, and then to Operations Manager.

2. In the Operations Manager pane, search for events with a Source of Health Service Module and a Category of Data Warehouse.There is an issue accessing the OperationsManagerDW database if event number 31563, 31551, 31569, or 31552 exists.

If there is no such issue, just ignore it and wait to see if it will be restored.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:29 AM
  • Thank you for your reply:

I took a look at the Operations Event log and found event ID 31552.  I have seen this error before and I get them frequently (30 a day - lets say).  Here is the error details:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Health Service Modules
    Event Category: Data Warehouse
    Event ID: 31552
    Date:  6/18/2008
    Time:  9:52:23 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: JOY-DC
    Description:
    Failed to store data in the Data Warehouse.Exception 'SqlException': Sql execution failed. Error 777971002, Level 13, State 1, Procedure AemEventProcessStaging, Line 313, Message: Sql execution failed. Error 1205, Level 13, State 51, Procedure AemEventProcessStaging, Line 222, Message: Transaction (Process ID 72) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

One or more workflows were affected by this. 

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.StandardDataSetMaintenance
    Instance name: Client Monitoring data set
    Instance ID: {5DD11176-3AD1-1016-BE66-E3D8755260AD}
    Management group: JOY-DC_MG

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Then this event is displayed after the above error:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Health Service Modules
    Event Category: Data Warehouse
    Event ID: 31554
    Date:  6/18/2008
    Time:  9:53:23 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: JOY-DC
    Description:
    Workflow succeeded storing data in the Data Warehouse

One or more workflows were affected by this. 

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.StandardDataSetMaintenance
    Instance name: Client Monitoring data set
    Instance ID: {5DD11176-3AD1-1016-BE66-E3D8755260AD}
    Management group: JOY-DC_MG

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Just a note (if this would be of any help): I am not using the full version of SQL with SCE.  I am using SQL Express 2005.

Thanks,

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:23 PM
  • Hi,

I noticed that you have open a new thread here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3494814&SiteID=17

Let's keep researching this problem in that thread. Thanks.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:06 PM