Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a ".pst" file saved on my Flash Drive. while transferring mails into the flash drive it just stopped transferring. i restarted the computer and got the following message;

"Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists."

what can i do?

Saturday, April 16, 2016 1:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What's your primary email account type (POP, IMAP, Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync connection) in your Outlook? Are you move mail items from your primary account to this PST file? To narrow down the issue, could you please share the steps how you transferred mails into the flash drive on your computer?

Generally, we can export the message to PST file for local backup. If you want to move messages to your existed PST file. We can open the PST file in Outlook, then drag and drop message between your primary account and opened PST file:

1.Choose the File tab.
    2.Choose Open and Export, and then click Open Outlook Data File.
    3.Browse to the Outlook Data File you want to open, and then click Open.
    4.The PST file appears in the left-nav bar in Outlook.
    5.To see the contents of the outlook data file, choose the arrow next to the file to open it.
    6.You can drag and drop specific emails or groups of email from the outlook data file into another email account in Outlook.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 18, 2016 9:31 AM