none
Out Of Box drivers are still in image even after deleted from MDT Workbench completely RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I want to remove few Out Of Box drivers from my image. I have deleted from MDT Deployment share's Out Of Box Drivers container. I have also removed the entries from Drivers.xml file which is inside the Control folder. But for some strange reason the drivers which I have deleted are still there in the image.

Any idea why the drivers are still there in the image? Is it because those drivers are still there in deployment share's Driverstore folder and MDT is still picking up from there? I have selected the option delete from all folder while deleting those drivers.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Cheers,

Sourav

Born to Learn

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:37 PM

Answers

• If you have identified the drivers which you don't want to Inject with OS,Try to Delete those drivers from Out-Of-Box Container. otherwise if you wish to delete those drivers from Task Sequence for that you've to Identified the drivers .inf file.

Anton has shared article with you.please go through for more clarification.

• Marked as answer by souravdgupta Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:23 PM

All replies

• More likely these drivers are part of the stock Windows image. That´s the only explanation I can think of right now. Also, why would you edit Drivers.xml? Nothing good can come out of it - MDT does that on its own

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:10 AM
  • Hi Anton,

Drivers.xml is not updated automatically. Thats why I have modified it maually. I am not sure why MDT did not update it automatically. 

And for the first comments, these out of box drivers are not part of Windows base OS. 

Do you think that from DriverStore folder in MDT Deployment share the OOB drivers are getting added?

Thanks,

Sourav

Born to Learn

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi Sourav,

If you'll delete unnecessary drivers from Out Of Box container.MDT will not pickup those deleted drivers as MDT will  pick up drivers only from Out-of-Box Container based on your selection in Task Sequence.

Don't edit driver.xml file present at DeploymentShare. Are you using Captured Image or vanilla image?  try to update Image.

Thanks!!

• Edited by JiteshKumar Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:40 AM
  • You should never ever need to edit Drivers.xml - you might break your entire deployment share by editing XML files incorrectly. Verify how you are performing driver injection, which selection profiles / drivergroup you are using and take a look inside ofZTIDrivers.log for additional information.

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:52 AM
  • Hi Jitesh,

We are using LiteTouch iso image which we will install on the target computer and after installation we will sysprep and capture.

But if MDT will pick up the drivers from Out-of-Box container, then how to delete those drivers from Task Sequence? In this case how to customize the Task Sequence.

Because we dont to include some drivers in LiteTouch image.

Thanks,

Sourav

Born to Learn

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:58 AM
  • Simply read this article, follow the guidelines and be happy: https://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

Cheers,
    Anton

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:01 PM
  • If you have identified the drivers which you don't want to Inject with OS,Try to Delete those drivers from Out-Of-Box Container. otherwise if you wish to delete those drivers from Task Sequence for that you've to Identified the drivers .inf file.

Anton has shared article with you.please go through for more clarification.

• Marked as answer by souravdgupta Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:23 PM