none
DPM 2012 SP1 CSV Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all. I have cluster and i trying backup virtual machine with SC DPM 2012 SP1 and have problem.
    Before discover problem i want say of architecture my cluster.
    1) 5 host servers and 1 storage 
    2) Storage add to cluster by ISCSI (Storage have 2 part, first part to vm (CSV) and second part to backup) I know what not good, i read best practices Microsoft but i not have any resources to DPM
    3) SC DPM 2012 SP1 is virtual machine in cluster and second part storage connect to DPM by ISCSI
    I think that not good ...

Let's speak a problem

When DPM start backup other VM in cluster problem is begin: CSV Disk go out of cluster and cluster vm shutdown
    I see message what ISCSI timeout - maybe reason in high load network interface, but CVS disk go out then network load low

Don't laugh please =) Give me a hint

• Edited by mr.exz Monday, January 21, 2013 4:58 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 4:56 AM

All replies

• Hi!

This is a know problem. 

Microsoft first said that this problem only occurred on other backup programs. Such as Veeam or Altaro. But it´s the same with DPM. 

As today there is no way to protect you Hyper-V environment. 

Br

Patrik

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Can get link on Microsoft said ?
    Monday, January 21, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

I think this thread is about the same problem you are having. They did issue a hotfix a few days ago, but this has caused other problems.

Tim

• Proposed as answer by TimBoothby Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:54 AM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Hi Boje_

<snip>
    Microsoft first said that this problem only occurred on other backup programs. Such as Veeam or Altaro. But it´s the same with DPM. 
    >snip<

Can you please point me directly to that tid bit of information ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Yes, i read  this thread. And i Install last updates. But problem is still not resolved
    • Marked as answer by mr.exz Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:11 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by mr.exz Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:11 AM
    • Edited by mr.exz Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Hi Boje_

<snip>
    >snip<

Can you please point me directly to that tid bit of information ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Hi Mike!

This is the information i was referring to: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverClustering/thread/7a7ddaca-fb09-4c9a-b0ae-9f3b5e10694d

My mistake. DPM was mentioned already then. But i was so focused on Veeam then. I have now abandoned  Veeam and is trying to use DPM 2012 SP1.
    We are right now in the decision of downgrading to 2008R2 or if we should stay in 2012. We are supposed to replace our 4 host Vmware cluster with 2012 Hyper-V Cluster and VMM. Badly need to deploy new servers, but the best way may be to reinstall everything in 2008R2. But then we have a new problem. The new prod servers is in VHDX format.  

Br
    Patrik

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:40 AM