Disable Citrix related alerts from Management packs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

In our SCOM environment we have Citrix related management packs and we are receiving alerts for the applications which are not in use. we want to remove those applications from Citrix alerts in management packs. Please guide me how to remove specific appllications from Citrix Managements alerts.

Alert: XenApp Application Availability: 

XenApp Application Availability Application: Applications/KC/test2/Disabled/abc Configuration Utility_Disabled is not available.  MSSCOM Object Path:  abcConfiguration Utility_Disabled

Alert: XenApp logons are Disabled

XenApp Logons XenApp logons on pqr234 are disabled.  MSSCOM Object Path: pqr234 XenApp: pqr.net

Thanks,

Sreenivasa

Sreenivasa

• Edited by tschary Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:46 PM removed unwanted
    Friday, April 6, 2018 9:18 AM

All replies

• I could try to help. Could you please post here which monitors or rules are triggering those alerts exactly?

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, April 6, 2018 11:23 AM
  • Hi There,

you need to disable the below monitor on  for all objects of this: application

for first one <<<Alert: XenApp Application Availability: >>> its  dependency rollup monitor 

For second one : <<<Alert: XenApp logons are Disabled>>> its an unit monitor

disable this for all object of class: xenapp

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Friday, April 6, 2018 12:55 PM
  • Thanks Gourav for the reply. If I disable those monitors then it will impact to all applications. I want to remove specific citrix applications from those monitors. Please suggest.

Sreenivasa

Friday, April 6, 2018 1:57 PM
  • Hi Stoyan, those are xenapp application availability and xenapp logons.

Sreenivasa

Friday, April 6, 2018 1:58 PM
  • Hi,

Would it be possible to create a group of such applications? If yes you can disable the monitors above for that group.

If these applications do not exist anymore, you can even find the discoveries for them and disable for them. Then run the Remove-SCOMDisabledClassInstance command to remove them from SCOM.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by GouravIN Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:43 AM
    Saturday, April 7, 2018 5:47 AM
  • Thanks Sam. I will check and confirm.

Sreenivasa

Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:47 AM
  • Hi Sam,

The management pack is ' Comtrade Citrix xenapp management pack' is in sealed and unable to any changes.

I am unable to create a new unsealed management pack. Please guide me how to create an unsealed management pack from sealed.

Thanks,

Sreenivasa

Sreenivasa

Friday, April 20, 2018 12:21 PM
  • You don't have to make any changes in the Citrix MP.

1. Create a group of applications where you don't want to get alerts

2. Locate the monitors you want to disable and override it for this group.

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:32 AM
  • Hi Sam,

I have tried the same. but the management pack is in sealed state and unable to do any modifications on monitors. I think we need to create a unsealed management pack to disable monitors for specific applications. Could you please guide me. Thanks

Sreenivasa

Monday, April 23, 2018 10:19 AM