none
How to connect to REST API that has cert authentication through EXCEL 2013 power query? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am trying to connect to a REST API through EXCEL 2013 power query. I was able to connect to it using the option "From Web" and was getting data. But recently the API has changed and implemented an authentication mechanism using Certificate. 

I need to install the certificate in my cert store. After doing that When I go to that URL in the browser, It pops up window asking to select the certificate from list of certificates installed on my machine.After selecting the appropriate certificate , I am able to see the json result .

Now I want to connect to the same URL through EXCEL 2013 power query. But I don't know how to make the authentication change to Certificate now and use the certificate.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:24 PM

Answers

• Power Query doesn't have any option which looks like this, and I believe this is the first time someone has requested this kind of functionality. Needless to say, we currently have no plans to implement it -- though we will track the request in case we get more like it.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:33 PM

All replies

• Power Query doesn't have any option which looks like this, and I believe this is the first time someone has requested this kind of functionality. Needless to say, we currently have no plans to implement it -- though we will track the request in case we get more like it.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:33 PM
  • This is a must have for any large scale organization to utilize power query. 
    Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:16 AM