Limiting Incident/Request Classification for specific users RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone,

I have a requirement to limit the Incident/Service Request Classification list for specific users. I would like to have the one Classification list per class, then use a group and role to limit the access to specific items on the classification list for users in that role.

Has anyone done this before? Is it possible? Do you have alternate methods to achieve this?

Any information would be great!

Thanks,

Shayne.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Shayne,

This isn't something you can do out-of-the-box so you will have to create something on your own using Visual Studio or find a third party solution that offer this functionality. Unfortunately I'm not aware of such a third party solution, but I have a vague memory of that Anton Gritsenko created a very similar solution which he posted here on the forums some times ago.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:22 AM
  • Any time customers ask for this, I recommend they push the limited users through the SSP. Then, you can create a simple list on a Generic request offering per class, which only has the specific values in it. Then, you can map the selection to a class extension and then use workflows or Orchestrator to sync the right value to the classification list. The caveat with this method is that it will not restrict visibility in the SCSM console, so if they need to be able to access the ticket afterwards in the console, you will need to get pretty creative. :/
    Friday, October 28, 2016 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Shayne,

This isn't something you can do out-of-the-box so you will have to create something on your own using Visual Studio or find a third party solution that offer this functionality. Unfortunately I'm not aware of such a third party solution, but I have a vague memory of that Anton Gritsenko created a very similar solution which he posted here on the forums some times ago.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:22 AM
  • Any time customers ask for this, I recommend they push the limited users through the SSP. Then, you can create a simple list on a Generic request offering per class, which only has the specific values in it. Then, you can map the selection to a class extension and then use workflows or Orchestrator to sync the right value to the classification list. The caveat with this method is that it will not restrict visibility in the SCSM console, so if they need to be able to access the ticket afterwards in the console, you will need to get pretty creative. :/
    Friday, October 28, 2016 12:40 AM