none
Windows AT jobs are not working properly after migrating to Windows Server 2008 R2 from 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was having a Windows Server 2003 system and was running an MFC application (desktop client). Through my application I was creating an AT job under C:\Windows\Tasks using Microsoft job scheduling function NetScheduleJobAdd. In Windows 2003, the job (below screen) was by default set to be deleted after execution in case it is not scheduled to run again.

Now when I am running my application in Windows 2008 R2, I observed a major difference in the job created by NetScheduleJobAdd function. The option to delete the job is not set in 2008 and due to this problem my application is not deleting any jobs. Please refer below screen.

Even when I try to enable it manually, I had to change the job type to Windows Server 2008 from AT Service and also I had to set an expiration date deliberately.

Can someone please help and guide how can I achieve this from the application itself. Is there any way we can change options of a job created by NetScheduleJobAdd function.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suniket Patel
    • Moved by Hart Wang Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:38 AM

All replies