none
Baseline import at assignment level with excel interface with MSP2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I use the excel interface with MSP 2010 to create and update projects from Clarity V7.

I have an issue with the baseline at assignment level. When I try to integrate data into MSP2010, i can't succeed to integrate Baseline Work, Baseline Start and Baseline Finish for the resource assignments. It works at task level, but not at assignment level. Nothing is integrated and no message is displayed when i import the data from Excel.

I have seen that only "Baseline work" is imported when the tasks are defined as manually scheduled. But when they are defined as "Automatic scheduled" no Baseline data are imported. I need to do it, to use the EVM report, and i don't succeed to do it.

Can someone help me?

Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:29 PM

All replies

• Probably best to work with person who made the Excel spreadsheet, or perhaps check with a forum at Clarity. You are doing something that appears to be fully independent of Project.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:25 PM
  • Try saving a simple project to Excel Project Template. Add Baseline Work, Baseline Start to teh Assignments table then import. If that works, as Rob suggests the problem is at the clarity end.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:19 PM
  • Good idea. I try it.
    Monday, July 30, 2012 6:56 AM
  • I added Baseline start, baseline Finish, Baseline work and baseline Cost. Then i Modified manually the Baseline, and i tried to re-import the excel file.

Baseline work and cost are imported correctly, but Baseline start and finish are not updated.

Monday, July 30, 2012 7:37 AM