Outlook 365 Client - Multiple mailbox rules RRS feed

• Question

• Hello we are having to migrate our existing Enterprise support mailbox, which have many alerts which work well - for a mail handling the mailbox.

I understand you can export to an .rwz file.

The problem I have is being able to read and sanity check them before importing them to the new mail mailbox to work.

Please could you offer help and advise on how we can.

1. Migrate and verify rules will work with the new mailbox SMTP address.

2. Ensure Imported rule set work OK in new 365 Client and will be able manage inbox as before with limited disruption to the business

Thanks.

Alan Reynolds

Sunday, December 9, 2018 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Alan,

Sorry that here we mainly focus on general issues about desktop client and I am not quite clear about what you mean by "migrate our existing Enterprise support mailbox". Do you mean the email address for the user will be changed? 

Based on my research, generally it is supported to import rules to even a different account, only need to relink some of the imported rules to route them to the correct folders. So I am assuming that it should work fine with the new SMTP address. However, it is still recommended to test on at least one user's Outlook before going further.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 10, 2018 11:14 AM