none
Timeline and tasks not showing on project site? RRS feed

• Question

• Using Project Online, the project site by default has a wepart for the timeline and a summary of tasks. This is useful and looks good.

My understanding is that this is the same timeline as the one you create in Project Pro. So if you publish the schedule in Project Pro you should see the timeline on the project site.

However for some reason mine is just not showing data. The timeline webpart is there, but it just sits there empty like it did out of the box.

Any ideas, is there anything I am meant to do to link it to something to get it to work?

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:00 AM

Answers

• And the answer is: there is now a setting to synch the tasks list. If you go to PWA Settings and Connected SharePoint Sites, then there is a Settings button. In there is a checkbox to Synch enterprise Projects Task List to Tasks.

If you tick it, it will then work once you republish any projects.

BTW you can also turn off the auto generation of project sites there.

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ryan A Darby Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:15 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:15 AM

All replies

• And the answer is: there is now a setting to synch the tasks list. If you go to PWA Settings and Connected SharePoint Sites, then there is a Settings button. In there is a checkbox to Synch enterprise Projects Task List to Tasks.

If you tick it, it will then work once you republish any projects.

BTW you can also turn off the auto generation of project sites there.

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ryan A Darby Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:15 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:15 AM
  • Worked a treat - Thanks
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 10:49 PM
  • Thank you. After at least 5 other posts talking about check your browser and all this nonsense, I knew it was a setting somewhere.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 7:20 PM