none
MS compatibility of ms5000 laser wireless mouse w/ windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I ordered a new MS wireless laser mouse 5000 because after several yrs my old one went bad. Well, I have retained the MS wireless comfort keyboard 4000. Now, when I try to install software through CD MS intellipoint 6.3, I essentially have the following msg.:  I'm told that that this cd is blocked because it is not compatible w/ windows 7. Another problem is that with the new mouse I can not type anything. This, of course, could be the result of not being able to install the CD that came w/ the mouse.

Now, I've tried about everything---all the downloads which  I could find, and apparently, I'm current w/ the software/drivers.  I just don't know what next to do; I'm not very experienced w/ these things.

Does anyone have any answers; those laser mice are expensive.

Thanks.

Stan

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I ordered a new MS wireless laser mouse 5000 because after several yrs my old one went bad. Well, I have retained the MS wireless comfort keyboard 4000. Now, when I try to install software through CD MS intellipoint 6.3, I essentially have the following msg.:  I'm told that that this cd is blocked because it is not compatible w/ windows 7. Another problem is that with the new mouse I can not type anything. This, of course, could be the result of not being able to install the CD that came w/ the mouse.

Now, I've tried about everything---all the downloads which  I could find, and apparently, I'm current w/ the software/drivers.  I just don't know what next to do; I'm not very experienced w/ these things.

Does anyone have any answers; those laser mice are expensive.

Thanks.

Stan

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:52 PM
  • Hi Stan,

As you mentioned, the incompatibility message occurred when you installed software, we could consider problem from this point.

At first, IntelliPoint 6.3 Mouse Software is applied to Windows 2000, Windows Vista and Windows XP system. So, I advise you try the newer version to install software, such as IntelliPoint 8.2, it support Windows 7 system.

We could get it from this website below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26948

Next, we could find resource for wireless laser mouse 5000 from this website below.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-laser-mouse-5000

Hope my suggestions could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:08 AM
  • I've done what you suggested and msg reads that it is already installed. Should I remove remove "everything" and then reinstall? Thanks!

Stan

Friday, December 11, 2015 6:51 PM
  • Hi Stan,

We don’t need to remove everything, what I suggested is an advanced version.

So, just uninstall your previous IntelliPoint 6.3 and install IntelliPoint 8.2, then use this tool to install software like you did before.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, December 12, 2015 4:19 AM
  • I had a friend do remote to do the above action. I assume he followed your directions in uninstalling the drivers. But, in trying to install the new software which came w/ the 5000 I still have the same issue as b4. I don't know if the lack of installation of the new cd causes the problem typing w/ the new mouse and receiver or not. I kind of think that would be a problem. So, the way I can both use the new mouse and type is by using both old and new receivers. This really is right and I can't say I like this arrangement.

Can you give some insight as to what is the real problem? Do I need to replace the keyboard. What do I need to do? I've working at this for about a week and a half. This is becoming very laborious to say the least.

If you need more info from me, please let me know.

Stan

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:41 AM
  • Hi,

I'm stilling using the old wireless 4000 comfort keyboard.

I bought the old 5000 mouse and keyboard together when I still had XP. When I got this current windows 7 both the mouse and keyboard worked just fine. But, as soon as I purchased this new 5000 mouse then the problems began. As I've said before, I couldn't install new cd software and the keyboard would not type. There are just too many things which could possibly cause my problems for me to be able to sort them out and find the "underlying" problem. Perhaps some of you techs can do this because this is causing me one big headache.

Stan

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:53 AM