BranchCache - only one AD site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a quick question about BranchCache.

I have a customer with several small offices, but with only one AD site. Each office has its own subnet. Can we use BranchCache in this deployment, or do we need a separate AD site for each office?

I have read the BranchCache requirements and it says it needs AD sites, but I thought it worked with subnets as well.

Thanks,

Marius

Marius

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Marius,

Based on my knowledge, subnets and AD sites are two different concept. For BranchCache, AD Sites is one of the key components here. And according to the Microsoft,  one of the requirements for BranchCache is AD sites. Active Directory sites are used to limit the scope of hosted cache servers that are automatically discovered

So I'm afraid, if only subnets in the environments, it couldn't support.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj572990(v=ws.11).aspx

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Marius232323 Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:52 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Marius,

Based on my knowledge, subnets and AD sites are two different concept. For BranchCache, AD Sites is one of the key components here. And according to the Microsoft,  one of the requirements for BranchCache is AD sites. Active Directory sites are used to limit the scope of hosted cache servers that are automatically discovered

So I'm afraid, if only subnets in the environments, it couldn't support.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj572990(v=ws.11).aspx

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Marius232323 Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:52 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:51 AM
  • ok, thats a bummer.

Marius

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:53 AM