Windows 7 SP1 64bit Pro shuts down the computer when you put it in sleep mode RRS feed

• Question

• When I place my Windows 7 SP1 Pro machine into sleep mode or if it goes into sleep mode after 30 minutes of inactivity then it causes the machine to shut down.  No Blue Screen, No Error, just shuts down.  When you start up you get the screen that says, Windows was shut down improperly how would you like to start windows.  etc.

Any thoughts on why putting windows 7 into sleep mode would cause the machine to shut down?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers

• Please upgrade your BIOS to the latest version. If it does not help, I suggest you check the power management and see if you have configure the system to enter Hibernate after the computer enter Sleep Mode for a period of time.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by R.S. Beck Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:41 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:10 AM

All replies

• Please upgrade your BIOS to the latest version. If it does not help, I suggest you check the power management and see if you have configure the system to enter Hibernate after the computer enter Sleep Mode for a period of time.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by R.S. Beck Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:41 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:10 AM
  • My bios was up to date but it was hibernating on sleep and that was my problem.  Thanks a bunch!
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:42 PM
  • I have a similar problem to this, but my computer reacts as if it just came out of a blue screen. My BIOS (I believe) is up to date.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:49 PM