none
Difference between Descendant and Direct Descendant in Category Permission for Resources?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts

I have been struggling to find this difference since last few days. I am just wondering if anyone has ever worked out this before?? Please advice me on this.

TIA

Manish

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:39 PM

Answers

• This relates to the hierarchy of the Resource Breakdown Structure, RBS. Lets say that Bob has an employee Mike and Mike has an employee Jane.

Jane's RBS would reflect "Bob.Mike". Mike's RBS would reflect "Bob".

when Bob view his "direct descendants" he only sees Mike, but when he views his descendants, he sees Mike and Jane.

I hope this helps.

-Jim

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:02 PM

All replies

• This relates to the hierarchy of the Resource Breakdown Structure, RBS. Lets say that Bob has an employee Mike and Mike has an employee Jane.

Jane's RBS would reflect "Bob.Mike". Mike's RBS would reflect "Bob".

when Bob view his "direct descendants" he only sees Mike, but when he views his descendants, he sees Mike and Jane.

I hope this helps.

-Jim

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:02 PM
  • Hi Jim, Guillaume.

Thank you, for replying and confirmation.

I also thought the same but a few days back when I tried to implement it, I was not able to find any difference.

Please tell me where I was wrong in implementing it:-

Example- My RBS structure was, say, a.b.c

Bob --> a

Mike--> a.b

Jane--> a.b.c

Using Bob's account, when he sees 'descendants', both Mike and Jane are visible in Resource Center.

But when he sees 'direct descendants' still sees Mike and Jane. And this is where I am stuck, now as well.

I am not sure what mistake I am performing. Have you tried implementing it??

Thanks

Manish

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:06 PM