none
SDK Samples in HIS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• After installing Host Integration Server 2013, I do not see any of the SDK Sample directories on the file system.

Did I miss something in the install or are these samples not part of the install media anymore???

Thanks,

Gary Clanton

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:18 PM

Answers

• The HIS SDK for HIS 2013 is going to be released as a separate download. This is why you don't see it installed with the product as with previous releases.

It is not yet ready for release and I don't have a specific date when it will be available.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by GeekdogGary Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:44 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:23 PM

All replies

• The HIS SDK for HIS 2013 is going to be released as a separate download. This is why you don't see it installed with the product as with previous releases.

It is not yet ready for release and I don't have a specific date when it will be available.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by GeekdogGary Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:44 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Thanks Stephen!!
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

A month later it seems that is not available yet. Do you have a reléase date for the SDK?

Will help us a lot on HIS Development.

Regards

Luis Diego Rojas. http://icomparable.blogspot.com

MCP, MCTS Biztalk Server, MCTS WCF

Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:53 PM
  • No hard date yet. Work is still ongoing to update samples and get everything ready.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:33 PM
  • The HIS 2013 SDK has been released to the Microsoft Download Center. It can be downloaded using the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41557

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Monday, December 23, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Hello,

I am fairly new in the Cross over Integration world of enterprise applications like MS and IBM systems. I need to know if anyone can redirect me to any website or links that shows some samples of communication with Mainframe servers using .NET applications via HIS servers, I will be very thankful.

Thanks

Mohit B.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:56 AM
  • You didn't indicate which HIS feature(s) that you might be interested in, but the best place to start is the HIS 2013 SDK . It includes samples for the various HIS features. You aren't likely to find many other HIS Server specific samples in the wild.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:40 PM
  • Hello Stephen, Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for an adaptor like feature which can communicate (send/receive data) to/from IBM Mainframe and Oracle Database on different ports/addresses and can be accessed by a WCF Service. All of these will have to be inside an intranet environment. I am actually working on the architecture of the WCF Service environment and this is an external integration that needs to be done explicitly using HIS 2013 inside this service.

One more thing, I would like to ask, for a licensed version, does HIS2013 comes as a standalone product for deployment on intranet. Or we do need to have a BizTalk server in place in order to have HIS2013 functionalities as OOB features.

Can you please help? :)

Thanks.

Mohit B.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:05 AM
  • HIS 2013 is available as a supplemental license to BizTalk 2013. This means that you have to license one of the BizTalk Server 2013 Editions to get a license for HIS 2013. You don't need to install and use BizTalk Server in order to use HIS. You only need to install BizTalk Server if you need to use one of the BizTalk Adapters that is included with HIS.

You didn't indicate what type of applications that you will be communicating with on the IBM mainframe. If you will be communicating with CICS or IMS transactions on the mainframe, then you'd likely want to take a look at the Transaction Integrator (TI) feature in HIS 2013. You can use TI with a WCF service. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn150066(v=bts.80).aspx#application for an overview of the Application Integration feature of HIS 2013. You might also want to look through the following topic: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn149782(v=bts.80).aspx

The HIS 2013 SDK does include sample applications. When the SDK is installed, it gets installed to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Host Integration Server 2013 SDK v1.0

Under this folder, you will see the following folders:

- ApplicationIntegration
    - BizTalkAdapters
    - DataIntegration
    - MessageIntegration
    - NetworkIntegration
    - SessionIntegration

Under each of these folders are samples specific to those features. For example, under ApplicationIntegration there are two additional folders: HostInitiated and WindowsInitiated. The WindowsInitiated folder includes samples for Transaction Integrator where TI initiates transactions by calling application on the IBM host system. Under WindowsInitiated, you will find a WcfService folder that has a TI WCF sample application. You'd also want to look at the ApplicationIntegrationStarterGuide sample because it describes many of the new TI features in HIS 2013.

If TI doesn't fit the needs, then you need to look at the other HIS features to see what might work for the IBM integration scenario that you are working on.

You might also want to look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/hh441721 as this site has many links to HIS specific resources.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:34 PM