none
ODBC driver API is not working in different version of Windows. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Hope you guys are doing well.

I got a problem when I install my application on Windows 7 and later version.

See the description :

I am using some third party ODBC driver. By using SQLDriversW( ) API I am trying to read the properties.

Here i am using FileUsage param to do some action. In older version of windows (XP/Server 2003) my application works. Looks like in older version, the SQL API doens't contain FileUsage value in its payload. That is why my code always picks default value.

Whereas in later wondows(Win7 and Win10) it contains the value in output payload.

I am suspection that SQLDriversW( ) API doesn't return FileUsage string in older version. As per my investigation I am suspecting it is due to the upgrade of MDAC 2.8 to WDAC XX version.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Nihal.k

Nihal.k

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We had limited information on SQL, please contact SQL forum for support.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:57 AM
  • MDAC 2.8 is a Win XP installation,not Win 7,its not compatable if run as is,might run in compatability mode for Win XP.Either way,why use 3rd party ODBC,open Adm.tools,ODBC-Data Source.
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:42 AM