none
Information on backup jobs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a week or so's worht of backups completed, however I am haveing a hard time finding information on how much time the backup took, how much data was backed up, start time, complete time, etc. The jobs tab only shows jobs for the day I am in, and will not show the previous days information. So how do I get this informatio? Report? Logfile ?
    Lee
    Monday, December 19, 2011 1:11 PM

Answers

• the easiest way I could think of is to create a filter in the monitoring tap.

If you go to the "Monitoring" tap and there click on the tap "Jobs" on the right hand side is the "Actions" window. There you will find "Create Filter".

Click on that and a window opens. Enter a name for the filter and then select the time frame you want to view (like 7 days). Really important in the "Filter options" only select what you really want to see so in your case I would select "Recovery Point", "Synchronisation" and maybe "consistency check" if you did any of that. You might want to select some tape jobs as well (if you have tape backups running).

Under "Status" only select "completed" and unter the tap "protection" either leave as it is or select only those protection groups you are interested in.

Now save everything and you will see all completed jobs including the start time, how long it took and the data transfered from all jobs within the time frame you selected. Unfortunately this is still per datasource and not per protection group but as you are able to filter somewhat you will get some ideas.

• Marked as answer by Lee Taylor Monday, December 19, 2011 6:22 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:16 PM