none
Scan File Failure:Not enough disk space to pack the file. RRS feed

• Question

• This is using version 0.2.68.0

I have run test runs successfully on a subdirectory of my file share on previous versions of this tool and  upgraded to the latest version before attempting to migrate  the full site.  The only issue I was having was the permissions getting reset on the destination sharepoint directory and locking everyone out (but easy enough to fix).

My source directory is 22.3GB of content with 24gb of free space and my temp drive (which I am assume it is writing to) has 203GB free. The log file directory is being written to %appdata% which in my case is a network share if that would help diagnose the issue.

Within about 5 minutes of starting the migration it told me the migration was complete and when I checked the log files, I was getting "Scan File Failure:Not enough disk space to pack the file."

Can anyone confirm where the files are being packed to? I'm not aware of the drive filling up but to honest at the time of running the migration I wasn't looking to see if that drive was running out of disk space.

http://absoblogginlutely.net

Monday, November 13, 2017 1:50 PM

All replies

• The files should be packaged in the working folder if you provide one.  

One way to debug this would be to set in the setting the working folder to a specific folder that you can monitor and see how it grows.  

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:19 PM
  • Thanks for this information Simon. I checked this on Friday before kicking off another migration attempt and the working directory was not set on the previous installation and the gui indicates this means it goes to the temp directory which is set to the C drive and therefore had 203gb free. It sounds like this setting is not actually working correctly if I ran out of disk space.....

Friday I manually kicked off a migration and set the working directory to be c:\temp\sync and I could see the files being created in there and the migration was working correctly as I left it Friday night.. I will check in this morning to see just how successful it was.

http://absoblogginlutely.net

Monday, November 20, 2017 10:43 AM