Duplicate & edit service level breached view? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I more or less just want to duplicate the "Service Level Breached" View and to edit some stuff. Well, I am able to duplicate the view but can't edit criteria nor columns to display.

Question 1: Where do I find the criteria in the original view? Out of which class they come?

Question 2: There are actually 8 columns to be shown in the view itself. But in the attributes there are only 7. The Service Level Target (date) is missing. Where do I find it? Custom XML-edit? What do I have to edit?

Thanks!!

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can look at the Incident (Advanced) class.

Also, you click the "arrow" next to "Incident" to expand additional fields available to this the "combined advanced" class such as affected user and ….

Hope this points you in the correct direction.

Fletcher Kelly

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:46 AM
  • Hi , the first part is simple. You can use Anton's AVE to view the XML in the console http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Advanced-View-Editor-20-377353f5

The second part is not so simple. The SLA type projection also involves a bit of code in the MP to give it the nice highlights in the console. This is not exposed in the display section of the view and you need a bit of development skill to get over that by editing the MP.

I have not done this myself .....

Monday, October 29, 2012 9:03 AM
  • TargetDate is a calculated field. You can't use it with build-in view editor or with AVE Free (but it will be possible with AVE Pro). But Samuel is right: you can copy-past column definition as XML code. You should export MP with your view and past column definition from Service Level Breached view.

As another solution for TargetDate: http://blog.scsmfaq.ch/2012/05/19/more-transparency-in-slo-management-by-reusing-the-target-resolution-time-field/

BTW. You MUST  not use any of *(Advanced) combination classes for your views. http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/12/02/faq-why-is-my-custom-incident-view-so-slow.aspx

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, October 29, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Hi Samuel,

Hi Anton,

Thank you!

I managed to copy the criteria, however, the view returns errors.

Criteria looks like this:

But the view returns the following error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 05.11.2012 10:58:29
    Application: Service Manager Console
    Application Version: 7.5.1561.0
    Severity: Error

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.AdvancedListSupportException: The Full adapter threw an exception. See the FullUpdate property to see the exception.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.AdvancedListSupportAdapter.DoAction(DataQueryBase query, IList`1 dataSources, IDictionary`2 parameters, IList`1 inputs, String outputCollectionName)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.QueryQueue.StartExecuteQuery(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone derive a solution from this error?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

I just played around with the view, with the following results: If I delete any criteria expect the ones concerning the service level target, the view then works. If I add additional criteria, the view results in the stated error. I add around 10 criterias...

EDIT2:

Wrong again, deleting all criteria besides those of SLA does not work...  View gives the error above.

• Edited by steblu Monday, November 5, 2012 3:46 PM
    Monday, November 5, 2012 10:00 AM