Skype for Business Android Status Display RRS feed

• Question

• When I send messages from my mobile device the recipient sees my name and it has the word "Mobile" next to it. How do I turn that off so they don't see the word mobile? Thanks!
    Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi BSI68,

I’m afraid that it is impossible to remove or hide the word “Mobile”. This is by design.

In my test, I found the following results.

If your status is only available when you are signing in mobile device, it won’t show “Mobile”. However, when in other status, it shows “Mobile”.

If you are signing in both mobile and desktop clients, it won’t show “Mobile”.

We highly recommend you give a feedback in Skype for Business UserVoice( The link is: https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/15969928-hide-remove-mobile-status-when-using-skype-on). Your kindly feedback will improve your experience with our product.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 13, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi BSI68,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 5:15 AM