none
Create automatically a task as appointment in Outlook calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

I try to find a solution to create automatically an appointment in the user's Outlook Calendar.

I have successful the tasks notification of the Project Server to the Outlook, but we are oblige mannualy to create the appointment in the calendar.

I have find a software "Allocatus", somebody use it ? Do you have some feedback or another solution for do this job ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Loïc

Ps : Exchange 2010, Project 2010 and Outlook 2010.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:48 PM

Answers

• Yes specific development would be required, but since all the API's are documented in SDK, should not be of much problem & a good developer might get this done, however would suggest to estimate time & effort to determine wether to buy a ready to use solution or develop your own

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Toto666777 Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:46 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

yes, we use the Exchange Server 2010 integration with Allocatus Server. It pushes the task from Project Server to our Outlook calendars. It's nothing sophisticated, but saves a bunch of work.

Best,

Adrian

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:56 AM
  • Thanks for all your replies. Finally I will use a third-party software like Allocatus.
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:46 AM

All replies

• By default out of box, project server & exchange synchronizes tasks(not appointment) in outlook also my task gives you an option to view the tasks in calendar view online, i am sure you would have known this before but just wanted to highlight, also would want to understand the requirement in a bit more detail

Now coming to your question, i personally haven't used allocatus, an alternative i could think of could be using PSI & outlook API to create similar kind of application 

Let us know if this helps

Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. For my users have tasks in Outlook is not the most efficient and productive. They are oblige to create each appointement mannualy (open the task, see the detail, start and end date etc.). So they loose a lot of time by day.

I try to find a solution to automatically convert this tasks as calendar appointement.

If I use PSI and Outlook API, I needs specific developement ? (or somebody in my company who know developement software)
    Friday, August 17, 2012 9:53 AM
  • Yes specific development would be required, but since all the API's are documented in SDK, should not be of much problem & a good developer might get this done, however would suggest to estimate time & effort to determine wether to buy a ready to use solution or develop your own

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

yes, we use the Exchange Server 2010 integration with Allocatus Server. It pushes the task from Project Server to our Outlook calendars. It's nothing sophisticated, but saves a bunch of work.

Best,

Adrian

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:56 AM
  • Thanks for all your replies. Finally I will use a third-party software like Allocatus.
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:46 AM