none
UAG 2010 - SP1 - Publish Remote Desktop (User Defined), how to populate domain? RRS feed

• Question

• I am publishing a Remote Desktop (User Defined) application in our portal and was wondering how I can populate the domain when the user is asked for their credentials?

The first screen they get is the form based input asking what computer they want to connect to, the next popup looks to be from an RDP client asking what their user information is;  this is where I would like to have it somehow know the domain rather than them have to type it in.  Even better is if it would honor SSO like the remote published apps we have. :)

Thanks for any advice.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:36 AM

All replies

• HI,

This is something I would like to know if at all possible too.

Thanks

Ken

Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Hi all,

As SamEvans mentioned, the credentials pop-up is generated by the RDP client. UAG cannot interfere with this, so there is no method to pre-populate the domain.

The same is true for achieving SSO when using Remote Desktop via UAG - currently there is no API offered that allows UAG to perform SSO for Remote Desktops (as opposed to RemoteApps, which do have an API, that UAG takes benefit of).

Regards,

-Ran
    • Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Monday, April 4, 2011 6:24 PM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:47 PM