none
End-user recovery: Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery RRS feed

• Question

• We're almost done migrating from DPM 2010 to DPM 2012 R2 and when I tried to enable End-user recover, I received the following warning:

Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery on<FILE SERVER>. Permissions update failed for the following reason: (ID 3123)

Our users are actually not getting any previous versions.

Another thing I noticed while poking around in ADSIEDIT, ShareMapConfiguration folder contains objects that are still pointing to the DPM 2010 server. Can I safely remove these manually or will they eventually get removed?

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:06 PM

Answers

• Update.

I had to call MS support and open a case with them. MS support ran a CLI utility on our file server and that fixed.

The utility they ran was twtest.exe - this is their own tool. A few minutes after this tool was ran against my file server, all previous versions showed up and this warning stopped on my DPM 2012 R2 server.

• Marked as answer by GonzEd Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:05 PM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

yes, you can remove the mapping for the DPM2010 server name, or if the DPM server is still active, just disable end user recovery option and DPM will clean up the entries. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:00 AM
  • End-user recovery in DPM 2010 has been disabled for about a week now, shouldn't these entries be removed by now?

Any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting the ID 3123 errors?

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Update.

I had to call MS support and open a case with them. MS support ran a CLI utility on our file server and that fixed.

The utility they ran was twtest.exe - this is their own tool. A few minutes after this tool was ran against my file server, all previous versions showed up and this warning stopped on my DPM 2012 R2 server.

• Marked as answer by GonzEd Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:05 PM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:05 PM