none
Prevent connecting Microsoft account to Domain account from OneDrive settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to prevent a user from being able to use "Connect to a Microsoft account" from the OneDrive Settings under File Storage?

We are deploying Windows 8.1 Enterprise in a Corporate Environment and do not want to be able to connect Domain Accounts with Microsoft accounts.

I have applied the GPO Setting 

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Options > Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts = Users cant add or log on with Microsoft accounts

However this has not disabled the option to join a Microsoft Account from the OneDrive Settings. It has disabled the option from the Accounts settings however.

Any advise appreciated

Lee Bowman MCITP MCTS

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:10 PM

Answers

• Hello Lee Bowman,

Based on my test, I use the following steps to block the Microsoft account:
    1. Open Group Policy Management Editor
    2. Go to Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options> Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts.
    3. In the drop-down menu, select Users can’t add or log in with Microsoft accounts

After applying the Group policy , I still can’t use the OneDrive to add Microsoft account.
    When I try to add the Microsoft account, I will get the following message.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hello Lee Bowman,

Based on my test, I use the following steps to block the Microsoft account:
    1. Open Group Policy Management Editor
    2. Go to Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options> Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts.
    3. In the drop-down menu, select Users can’t add or log in with Microsoft accounts

After applying the Group policy , I still can’t use the OneDrive to add Microsoft account.
    When I try to add the Microsoft account, I will get the following message.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:37 AM
  • Hi Chen

Did you got any resolution, please share

Avian

Monday, September 18, 2017 6:11 AM