Sequencing Office 2010 for 32-Bit and 64 Bit RRS feed

• Question

• I am pretty new to APP-V and need a little guidance on how I would sequence the same application one for 32-Bit PCs and the other for 64-Bit PCs.  I know how to sequence Office 2010 and have it running on 32-Bit (XP) PCs, but need to sequence Office 2010 again for my 64-Bit (Windows7) PCs to fix a problem with OneNote.  How do I add the same application twice in APP-V and what do I need to different when sequencing with the naming?
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Make sure there is a unique package name, application and / or version-number and that the OSD-file has a unique name.

and yeah - naming the shortcut differently seems like a good idea...

/Znack
    Friday, July 30, 2010 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Make sure there is a unique package name, application and / or version-number and that the OSD-file has a unique name.

and yeah - naming the shortcut differently seems like a good idea...

/Znack
    Friday, July 30, 2010 5:01 AM
  • I failed to mention above that I already have it running on Windows 7 64-Bit PCs, but OneNote has a problem that I believe can be fixed by sequencing Office on a 64-Bit OS.  How would I fix my Windows 7 64-Bit PCs that already have the Office running that was sequenced on the 32-Bit OS?  I believe, I would have to edit the OSD files on the 32-Bit Office to remove Windows 7 64-Bit.  Would re-running the OffVirt.MSI with a the new PACKAGEGUID and proxy settings fix the Clients?

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:16 PM
  • Hello,

If you got a new package that works (ie sequenced on 64-bits instead), then just replace it on the machines that reported the problem?

If you have utilized the proxies then yes, you would need to uninstall, and install with new GUID etc etc...

/Znack
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:11 PM