Quite a few laptop in WSUS say 'Not reported yet' RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to make sure our Windows 2012R2 WSUS server has all our PC's and laptops listed under my OU groups in the Computers section of the WSUS manager.  It seems they are all in there, however many say 'Not reported yet'.  These are mainly new Windows 10 PC/laptops. At least show as Windows 10 devices now as I updated the server as before they said Vista.

There devices have bene on the network for a couple of weeks now and should of checked in, what is the issue do you think?

on previous OS's I could look in the c:\windows\Windowsupdae.log file for a clue, but that is gone on Windows 10.

Thanks

Monday, November 28, 2016 7:35 PM

All replies

• On a WSUS client you can run the command "wuauclt /reportnow". Within a minute or so you should see the WSUS Client status updated in WSUS. If not, then you have a configuration issue; could have many causes. With the limited information can't tell for sure.

Boudewijn Plomp | Conclusion FIT

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 28, 2016 11:17 PM
  • Hi TB,

1. >It seems they are all in there, however many say 'Not reported yet'.

Please reset windows update components on the clients, check if it could work:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058 

2. > At least show as Windows 10 devices now as I updated the server as before they said Vista.

This may due to you install KB3095113 on the WSUS server later, if we do not install this KB on WSUS server, win10 will show as vista;

3. >on previous OS's I could look in the c:\windows\Windowsupdae.log file for a clue, but that is gone on Windows 10.

How to get windows 10 update log:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/charlesa_us/2015/08/06/windows-10-windowsupdate-log-and-how-to-view-it-with-powershell-or-tracefmt-exe/

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:09 AM