AOE3 Age of empires 3 not compatible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have just installed windows 7 from vista on a new laptop. Now when playing the game laggs like crazy, virtually unplayable. I looked on forums around the aoe3 sites and only now do I see that the large community all have problems with aoe3 and windows 7. The program worked fine on windows vista. The game requires a patch or some solution. I have looked under trouble shooting on this site and seem to get the same issue with a link to a standard ways to solve this but none of them work for me. I need a realistic solution please.
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First I check the compatibility in Windows 7 Compatibility Center website. Except for the Age Of Empires III Gold Edition, most editions of this games should be working well in Windows 7.Meanwhile, what is the exact symptom when the game went crazy? Better keep all the drivers up to date from the menufacture's offical website, especially the display card driver. We need your system information, 32 bit or 64 bit, model of the pc, display card.

As you did an upgrade to windows 7, it is suggested to remove the game and reinstall it.

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:22 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 10:26 AM