Access denied to SS Admin site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am unable to access any of the sites under the Share Services Administration. I get "Error: Access Denied" and I'm  using my ID which is in the Farm Administrators group. The Sharepoint system ID we're using and the other admin guy here get the same result.

In addition, in CA when I go to Site Action > People and Groups and click on any of the users to check their details, I get Webpage cannot be found. 

I've recently inherited this site and any help would be appreciated. Thx LJBC

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:19 PM I'm wondering why this was posted to the Excel Services forum. Moving to Admin (From:SharePoint - Excel Services (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hi LJBC,

Your account needs "Personalization Services Permissions" - which is given from the SSP > User profiles and My Site section. So whoever has access to SSP currently neeed to do that for you. If there is not anyone log in to the CA with SP_farmAdmin service account and give yourself the full privilege.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Proposed as answer by Veera Raj Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, June 6, 2011 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:19 PM

All replies

• Sorry Mike, first time I've posted and wasn't aware of making this mistake. Thx for moving it. LJBC
    LJBC
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:08 PM
  • Hi LJBC,

Your account needs "Personalization Services Permissions" - which is given from the SSP > User profiles and My Site section. So whoever has access to SSP currently neeed to do that for you. If there is not anyone log in to the CA with SP_farmAdmin service account and give yourself the full privilege.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Proposed as answer by Veera Raj Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, June 6, 2011 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Bluesky2010, thx! Now works. I had to reset the SP admin password. Have added us and all is working well. 

Have a great one! LJBC

LJBC
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:49 PM