Microsoft Visual C ++ from 2005 thru 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have 14 different versions of Microsoft Visual C ++ from 2005 thru 2012 but my ios is Windows 10.  Do I need any of this crap?
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Since you have multiple versions Microsoft Visual C++ in your system now, I suggest to keep all of them, don’t delete anyone.

They install side by side in the WinSxS folder and the application picks the version it needs. Uninstalling one Visual C++ redistributable could save you a few megabytes of disk space, but you risk breaking some apps in doing so.

There is a discussion about Different versions and updates of Microsoft Visual C++, do I need them all?

Please check it and find out what you want to know.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/different-versions-and-updates-of-microsoft-visual/d966bde7-4396-4d14-ab3d-04f0924a99f6

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:27 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:46 AM