SillyLilly_69 RRS feed

• Question

• My printer spooler is stuck on start and everytime I try to get it to stop it won't do it.  It stays on start.  I hit start and it won't do anything for me then either.  I am really getting frustrated.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service

=================================

1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Search box and press Enter.

2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

3. Click Stop and click OK.

4. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.

5. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

Also, try to use System File Checker tool to scan the system files.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi SillyLilly_69,

try to restart you computer and Press F8  and go to ( Safe Mode ) ---> login with Administrator Account --->Run... ---> Services.msc ---> Print Splooer --> Stop.

then restart your computer.

Regards,

MCT / MCITP / MCTS / MCSA / MCSE / C|EH / CCNA

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service

=================================

1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Search box and press Enter.

2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

3. Click Stop and click OK.

4. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.

5. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

Also, try to use System File Checker tool to scan the system files.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:54 AM