Monitoring Azure Service Bus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

From what I can see there is only the monitoring for on-premise Service Bus instances - does any one know if/when Microsoft will be updating the Azure Management Packs to include Service Bus monitoring? The last update was December 2013

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, we can Monitor Service Bus Health with System Center Operations Manager

Like many other cloud services, health monitoring of Service Bus is available with System Center Operations Manager. The Service Bus Management Pack monitors the cloud’s health including status/underlying databases, hosts, and services.

Based on a rich set of monitoring rules and built-in alerts, with System Center Operations Manager an administrator is able to detect service related issues and their root cause.

You may refer to the below link:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/in_the_cloud/archive/2013/08/21/what-s-new-in-2012-r2-enabling-modern-apps-with-the-windows-azure-pack.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:54 AM
  • Hi Yan,

From what I can see (and the research I have done before) the Service Bus Management Pack (MS download id 35383) is for the on-premise version of Service Bus, not the Azure version.

Do you have any insight as to if/when Microsoft will be providing support for the Azure version?

Regards

Chris

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:58 AM