How to repair corrupted system files? RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi, in Windows Vista and 7,  Microsoft has change how ITs work on the os. I am a trainee of becoming a tech. I work at a computer store and my co-workers isn't fond of vista since cannot repair any files like xp "windows repair". For example, I working on a computer that cannot boot into windows (vista). I have tried start-up repair, (didn't work), I tried the restore (didn't work), safe-mode (lets say it don't for now). Question is, How to get back in windows to boot? The main reason for asking is to apply this knowledge at work and maybe be promoted and/or pay raise.

Thanks for reading and God bless you.
    -Joshua
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 7:00 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Joshua, in order to repair corrupted system files, you can also use the following steps:

Use the System File Checker (SFC) to scan system files

=====================================================

The System File Checker tool enable an administrator to scan all protected files to verify their versions. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start", type "CMD" (without quotation marks) in the "Start Search" box. Right click on the "CMD.exe" file, choose "Run as Administrator"

2. Copy and paste "SFC /Scannow" (without quotation marks) in the "Open" box, and click "OK".

Note: There is a SPACE between "SFC" and "/Scannow", this command will take several minutes to complete and may require access to the Windows installation source files.

You can also refer to the following link for detailed information:

Using System File Checker (SFC) To Fix Issues

http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2007/12/18/using-system-file-checker-sfc-to-fix-issues.aspx

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, February 23, 2009 8:52 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Joshua, in order to repair corrupted system files, you can also use the following steps:

Use the System File Checker (SFC) to scan system files

=====================================================

The System File Checker tool enable an administrator to scan all protected files to verify their versions. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start", type "CMD" (without quotation marks) in the "Start Search" box. Right click on the "CMD.exe" file, choose "Run as Administrator"

2. Copy and paste "SFC /Scannow" (without quotation marks) in the "Open" box, and click "OK".

Note: There is a SPACE between "SFC" and "/Scannow", this command will take several minutes to complete and may require access to the Windows installation source files.

You can also refer to the following link for detailed information:

Using System File Checker (SFC) To Fix Issues

http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2007/12/18/using-system-file-checker-sfc-to-fix-issues.aspx

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, February 23, 2009 8:52 AM
  • Thanks, Sorry that I didn't reply sooner, Thanks very much, Looks like what I've been looking for. I'll starting researching more about this tool and if there is any more, please let me know.

Thanks again
    -Joshua,
    God Bless you
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:35 PM
  • If you have lost your precious Zip files due to virus attack, unexpected system shut-down, internet connectivity break and power failed then all Zip compress files create to corrupt or inaccessible. But you do not need to fear from this corruption error because we have an extreme solution to extract corrupt Zip files from unapproachable Zip archives. Zip file recovery software is most powerful and well-qualified application in the worldwide competitive market, through which this application you can repair all inaccessible Zip files instantly.  If you have any query as regarding to Zip archive corruption then visit here http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/To-appreciate-or-f4866867 because you can together more information about software work process.
    Friday, February 22, 2013 4:22 AM