none
Project Server 2010 web configuration file RRS feed

• Question

• I provisioned a PWA site on a restored content database. However, while opening the site it gives me error "The base type 'Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPage' is not allowed for this page. The type is not registered as safe." If I want to add it as safe control which configuration file should I use and where is the location of that. Any other suggestion to resolve it is also welcome.
    Friday, April 27, 2012 5:35 PM

Answers

• You don’t have to create another Project Server service application.

Here are the steps

1. Delete PWA site (Uncheck “Delete site collection from SharePoint) this will retain  PWA site collection
    2. Detach content database
    3. Delete  web application
    4. create another web application using old content database
    5. Provision PWA site with restored project database

If you have original back up 5 databases you can restore then and use with above steps (Step 4 & 5)

Hrishi Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior Consultant
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by geeam Tuesday, May 1, 2012 12:08 AM
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:36 AM

All replies

• I dont see this entry in 2010? are you using 2007?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:57 PM
  • I am using Project server 2010. I restored the 5 databases from production to a test environment and created a new web application. I attached the restored content database to the new web application and created a PWA with all the restored database. The PWA provisioned fine but when I try to open it through Central Admin I get SharePoint error message  "The base type 'Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPage' is not allowed for this page. The type is not registered as safe." Not sure why this message and which web configuration to modify to register it as safe. Some urgent tests are to be carried out so we restored the data to a new instance of SQL Server. The old web application with the old instance is working fine.

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:27 PM
  •  

My bad, I missed out the title of the thread.

Due to urgency of the issue would be quicker if you try to re-provision the pwa using new web application

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:40 PM
  • I created the new PWA in the new web application only. Sould I delete the new web application and recreate it? Thanks.
    Friday, April 27, 2012 8:06 PM
  • yes please

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, April 27, 2012 8:16 PM
  • I deleted the newly created web application. Unfortunately I had created a new PWA also there, which got deleted from web application but not from database. When I create another web application it did not allow me to provision a new PWA there with messsage that databases are already attached to another project server application. On creating another Project Server application it asked me to change the name of PWA, which I can't do else I will not get the production data. What could be done now? Thanks. 
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:22 AM
  • You don’t have to create another Project Server service application.

Here are the steps

1. Delete PWA site (Uncheck “Delete site collection from SharePoint) this will retain  PWA site collection
    2. Detach content database
    3. Delete  web application
    4. create another web application using old content database
    5. Provision PWA site with restored project database

If you have original back up 5 databases you can restore then and use with above steps (Step 4 & 5)

Blog | < | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by geeam Tuesday, May 1, 2012 12:08 AM
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:36 AM