Download windows server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I am having some difficulty downloading the server 2016. When it finishes downloading, the evaluation one, it asks for a CD. Someone could help me on how to save it directly to my pc and install it? Thanks

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:01 PM

All replies

• The download here is an ISO

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2016

If you need boot installation media you can burn an image to DVD / USB

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

I am not sure about current OS on your device, in general, if it is Windows Server 2012/Windows 8 and later OS version, it supports to mount ISO file without any third-party software.

If it is your current OS version, you can just double click to open ISO file, then, double click setup.exe to start the installation.

Otherwise, you may need tools to create bootable USB/DVD as installation medium, then, re-start system from installation medium to start the system install. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 7, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Dear Dave,

Is it possible to activate an eval version of Windows Server with a valid licence key or not? I have a customer who have purchased one but the disc is far away and I have to make a remote installation, but I'm not have an original disc with me and can't find any other download option on MS website.

Thanks, Zoltan

Monday, April 16, 2018 12:46 PM
  • Dear Dave,

Is it possible to activate an eval version of Windows Server with a valid licence key or not? I have a customer who have purchased one but the disc is far away and I have to make a remote installation, but I'm not have an original disc with me and can't find any other download option on MS website.

Thanks, Zoltan

I'd start a new thread.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 16, 2018 12:58 PM
  • "I'd start a new thread."

Or better yet, simply search this forum.  You will see that your question has been answered many times.

The answer to the question of activating an evaluation copy with a valid key is 'yes'.  Search the forum and you will find instructions on how to do it.

tim

Monday, April 16, 2018 1:26 PM
  • Good news! Thanks Tim!
    Monday, April 16, 2018 1:30 PM
  • First of all why don't they do the installation since they have the key? If they are not IT personnel they can Google how to install Server 2016.I believe that a remote installation can be done if they use WSUS, they may be able to configure the installation on WSUs with the key, Google WSUS.

Friday, April 5, 2019 6:57 AM