none
deploying software to multiple windows 7 workgroup, which required to be runas administrator privilege RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm on site system administrator of training room with 150 windows 7 PCs workgroup, I'm trying to install a 3rd party application (it a .exe file) to all the system. All my system is set to auto logon to the user account. (the installation file had being copy to each system desktop) and the application doesn't came in silent mode installation and it required to be run with administrator privileges.

I had tried to write a .bat file to start the installation.  but this will required me to go to each system to type in the password.
    Does any one know of any better way I can do this? e.g. I only type in the password once.

I saw the PsExec program but as I'm only the onsite administrator I'm not allow to install another program without approver, but I'm allow to push a .bat file down then run it, and delete the file after use.

Thanks

echo on
    cd "c:\users\desktop\temp"
    runas /users:domain\admin_ID "application.exe"

regards

Soong

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:57 AM

Answers

• No.  If it cannot run silent you must do it at the system.

See vendor for newer installer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by soongwc Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:46 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:17 AM

All replies

• No.  If it cannot run silent you must do it at the system.

See vendor for newer installer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by soongwc Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:46 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:17 AM
  • In addition, I would add that you cannot bypass the UAC prompt, and this by design.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for all the reply think I will just had to do it manually one by one.

Regards

Soong

Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:47 PM
  • It would save time in the long run to use a domain instead of a workgroup.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:32 PM
  • thanks for the advice Bill, but for some reason those who design and setup the environment, only want workgroup.

I would love it if I could put in a w2k8 server and setup a simple domain environment. :)

Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:42 PM
  • Making things difficult to manage on purpose is a form of job security, I suppose, but I don't recommend it.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 3:22 PM