none
IAG API RRS feed

• Question

• Is there documentation for the IAG API anywhere? I notice when trying to customize things like login.asp or validate.asp that there are quite a few calls made to a "Whale" library. I would like to be able to understand what this library does, what these functions, do but, mostly, at the very least, what functions are AVAILABLE. 

Does this exist? If so, where?
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:26 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid IAG does not have an API. When creating custom scripts, there are a bunch of COM objects that you can use, like you already noticed, but those are not documented. You will have to rely on the existing code samples to learn your way around, and of course - post more specific questions here.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:42 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:42 PM

All replies

• I'm afraid IAG does not have an API. When creating custom scripts, there are a bunch of COM objects that you can use, like you already noticed, but those are not documented. You will have to rely on the existing code samples to learn your way around, and of course - post more specific questions here.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:42 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:42 PM
  • Hi Ben

Could you please help me with the following problem: I want to extend Firewall Policy tabbed window (i.e. Firewall Policy node, then right click on some published rule and click properties) with my own tab. Which MMC snapin I should extend with PropertySheet?

I have tried almost all :( I thought it should be "FPC Policy rule item" with GUID "{9F1DBD83-12D1-408C-BD4C-6A5EFE4866D1}" but it didn't work.

Thanks

Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:25 PM
  • Hi Romario,

i think i have the same problem like you had last year. I try to write a SnapIn- Extension for WebPublishing- Rules but the extension is not visible when i a add the following GUID "{9F1DBD83-12D1-408C-BD4C-6A5EFE4866D1}".

Did you find a solution or the right GUID?

Regards,

Andreas

Friday, November 19, 2010 2:01 PM