Strange behavior when accessing documents from Summary Link webpart RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint 2007 x64

User has a page, that has a summary link webpart.

In the summary link webpart there are links to documents in a library on the same site.

When accessing documents directly from the library, users are able to open edit and save directly back to the library.

But when accessing the documents from the summary link webpart, they cannot re-save the document back to the library.  It prompts the user to save the document locally and re-upload.

This behaviour is consistant, even for me as the farm admin, with policy for webapp.

This appears to be by design, as there are no errors, and effects even the farm admin.

Any ideas on a workaround?

Joshua Fuente

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Joshua,

I understand that you have added links to documents in a summary links web part. I have a test based on your description, there are two different results:

•  If you have checked ‘Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited’, the documents can be saved to the document library when open from the summary links web part.
      • If you have unchecked ‘Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited’, the document cannot be saved to the document library with the same name. You can save it to the library with another name.

So I would suggest checking ‘Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited’ to have a test.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by NachoScript Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:14 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 2:50 AM