Win 10 pro backup freeze. RRS feed

• Question

• Have HP desktop and laptop running Win 10 Pro 64 bit. My backup freezes at 97% complete on both my desktop and laptop both have a remote drive attached to which I use to store all bsckup and image files to. what is the fix? it is trying to finish image files when it freezes also noted Win 10 only allows daily backup but control panel has weekly I set both to daily but problem still there, help please?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Pregomi0,

Thanks for your post. The backup freeze perhaps due to the backup process run into problem and cannot continue.

Do you know the file size that you want to backup? If the data size is too large,you could try to divide the files that you want to backup into groups and backup these groups separately.

By the way, as your system is Windows 10 Pro which is a client system, and the backup would be different from the server backup. So, in order to get you problem fixed timely I would suggest you to post your issue on the Client forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elaine Jing Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elaine Jing Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:42 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:39 AM