none
PROJECT SERVER 2010 UNABLE TO PUBLISH, EVENT HANDLER ISSUES RRS feed

• Question

• PROJECT SERVER 2010, 2 server setup BACK END SQL SERVER 2008 R2,

everything seems  ok except no user or admin is able to publish a project.  errors point to Event Handler/Server

Getting the below error'.  any help will  be usefull not sure even where to start with this, i looked over everything else i normally do.  thanks ll

General

Action canceled by Event Handler.:

GeneralActionCanceledByEventHandler (22000). Details: id='22000' name='GeneralActionCanceledByEventHandler' uid='9a12c9f6-7f25-4e16-9bd3-7be4712ddde3' EventName='ProjectPublishing'.

Jack Galante Sr Systems Engineer

Monday, October 15, 2012 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi, it looks that you registered custom code for the published event and the custom code (event handler) cancelled the published event. You can see all registered event handlers in the server settings. It also possible to unregister event handlers there. Is this the case? Do you get further hints in the ULS Log? Thanks, Renke

http://www.holert.com

• Proposed as answer by Renke Holert Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:54 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 3:15 PM
  • I would rerun the SharePoint 2010Products Configuration Wizard from SharePoint to see if that resolves your problem.  That will often fix a lot of issues.  I should run to completion.  If it doesn't then there are issues with sharepoint.

If that doesn't work, then I would Delete the PROVISIONED site and then re-PROVISION.  NOTE:  Be sure to backup you SQL databases.  The databases are not deleted during this process, and when you re-PROVISION, point it back to the original SQL databases.  Scarry yes, but it should fix it.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCC 2011, MCC2012
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:44 PM
  • Hi,

As Renke has pointed out, that it seems like you have custom code associated with project server events, most likely with OnPublished/OnPublishing event. 

You can start from here:

1. Go to PWA -> Server Settings -> Serverside Events, under opterational policies

2. Look for Project events, and select project Published/Publishing/Saved etc. etc. to see if any event handler is associated with any of these events.

3. If applicable, deleted event handler from the event and most likely your issue will be resolved.

4. If you cant afford to delete the event due to any constraint, then you might need to involve your team to debug the event handler to fix the issue.

for your quick reference to know more about how to write/debug custom event hanlder, see this technet article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg615466.aspx#pj14_WritingEventHandler_Debugging

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Thanks you guys! finally got this working , had to remove an event handler that was causing the issue!

Jack Galante Sr Systems Engineer

Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Hi,

I have a similar problem with the event Handlers.

1.When there are no Server side event handlers added to my PWA I don't see any problem with publish.

2.When I install my Custom Event Handler and add it to Server Side event Handlers the project publish gets cancelled with the above error even though i'm not cancelling the event in my custom code.

What could cause such a behaviour?

FYI, I am using Project Server 2016 On Premise.

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Friday, April 27, 2018 10:57 AM
  • This error is caused when ever there is any error in the Event receivers code which is attached the Project Server events.

To know which Event is causing this you can go to Event Viewer and check for Proejct server events with errors and then either remove the Events from Server Event handlers or Fix your code and redeploy the code to Gac,restart Project server Event service and try again.

Regards,

Agasthya

agasthya

• Proposed as answer by Agasthya.S.P Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:44 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:43 AM