Outlook 2010 changing default save location RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that utilizes the keyboard a great deal due to some physical issues.  She wanted to change the default save location for Outlook.  I did some research and found the steps to do so:

• Open Registry Editor (regedit), browse to HKEY_CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options
    • Right click an empty spot on the right pane
    • Choose New > String Value
    • Rename the String Value you created to DefaultPath
    • Double click DefaultPath
    • Fill in new value data typing the full path of the new default Save As location

Restart Outlook, should work now.

She tried it and it worked - however, when she chooses a sub-folder within that foldef to save an attachment and then goes back to save the next email, it is at that last folder instead of reverting back to the new default (which this is what she wants). 

We are using Exchange Server and Windows 7. 

Is there a way to set it so it doesn't remember that last one but each time gets set back to the default folder?

Please let me know and thanks!

DoriLynn

DoriLynn

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:48 PM

All replies

• I would ask this in the Outlook Forum

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:53 PM
  • I was told in our community forum to ask it here due to us using Exchange Server.  I can ask over there I guess.

DoriLynn

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:58 PM
  • I was told in our community forum to ask it here due to us using Exchange Server.  I can ask over there I guess.

DoriLynn

I would simply because the problem you are seeing doesnt involve Exchange  :)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:03 PM
  • ok thanks

DoriLynn

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:32 PM