Taskbar double height resets itself every time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm using to have my taskbar on double height, so the tray and quickstart icons take less place, and I can have 10 programs open without losing track...

Since three days now, when I start Vista, the taskbar is reset at single height. I set it at double heigth then, and after a few hours of work I shut down the computer as always, and the next time it comes up again on single height. The only thing I remember changing was the height of the title bar of the windows to the smallest 17 pixels, so those titlebars use less space anymore. But that can't be the reason on the taskbar height resetting, can it?

When someone can help me, I'd appreciate it. It's getting slightly annoying... :-)

My system: Vista Ultimate 32bit german, on a Dell Latitude D620 with 2GB Ram. Video: nVidea NVS100. Nothing changed the last week, at least nothing what a MCSE should notice... :-)

Thursday, April 5, 2007 2:36 AM

Answers

• Hmm, it apparrently does connect with the setting of the thickness of the window frame. When I reset that to 20 pixels, the taskabr keeps it double height at reboot.

Sounds illogical to me, but now I have my double taskbar back.

What does Microsoft say? Shall I use one of my two free support calls on it? :-)

Saturday, April 7, 2007 5:44 AM
  • After setting your Taskbar to double hight, make sure to Lock it so that it saves it last state.

Good luck

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hmm, it apparrently does connect with the setting of the thickness of the window frame. When I reset that to 20 pixels, the taskabr keeps it double height at reboot.

Sounds illogical to me, but now I have my double taskbar back.

What does Microsoft say? Shall I use one of my two free support calls on it? :-)

Saturday, April 7, 2007 5:44 AM
  • After setting your Taskbar to double hight, make sure to Lock it so that it saves it last state.

Good luck

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:55 PM
  • I have the same problem.  However, I don't want to set my titlebar's back to original size cos they are just too chunky and ugly!  Does MS have a fix for this??!?  Seems like a bug to me.  I have got used to manually resetting the taskbar height everytime I boot up.... but it's something I would rather NOT have to do!

Vista is a piece of ***.  It's caused me so many headaches over the past few months.  I tell everyone to avoid it like the plague.

Friday, November 9, 2007 8:17 AM