Can profiled assignment data be imported into MS Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Background: I have detailed predictive models that generate resource profiles for new projects based on generic resources. Our Project Server is configured for task level updating from timesheets. Our project resource management methodology is to not resource detailed tasks, but instead to have higher level tasks for forecasting and statusing from PWA timesheet, with profiled resource assignments.

Is it possible to import profiled assignment data into MS Project 2010 plans (e.g. via Excel or ODBC), and if not is there an alternative way to enter this data without individually copy and pasting for each task assignment?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:57 PM

All replies

• What information you want to Import/Export from the assignments? And are you looking in automating the process?

Ali Al . Consultant & IT Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Hi Ali-Al. The assignment is profiled so we need to import weekly %utilisation or work values, in addition to the standard start and finish dates.
    Friday, January 18, 2013 2:11 AM
  • So there are many ways to import/export your schedule into other formats. Now, if you are looking at specific tasks and you want some but not all fields to be imported to Excel, then I would suggest using SSRS to run a report and then you can actually subscribe to the report to save files in a share folder or SharePoint document library into many formats. I’m actually doing this for a client to pull some data and move it to their accounting software where they wanted some information from the project schedule.

Ali Al . Consultant & IT Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

Friday, January 18, 2013 2:27 PM