locked
WSS 3.0 Search Service Account does not get rights assigned to host header site when site is created from MPS RRS feed

  • Question

  • The problem is when MPS creates a new site, the Search Service Account does not get assigned rights to the site; therefore, when you perform a full web crawl, it cannot crawl the site.  Hence, search is broken.  I can manually fix this problem and then searches start to work.

    This only happens when you create the site from MPS.  If I use the STSADM command, then the service account is assigned rights and search works.

     

    I have confirmed the rights on the WSS 3.0 server, WSS Farm, and SQL Database.  I have also confirmed "Execute As" in the Deployment Tool and tried re-initializing.  When we discovered the problem, we were running RU 7 and have since upgraded to RU 9, but no difference.

    Monday, April 25, 2011 5:11 PM

Answers

  • Thank Mike, I figured out the problem.  The ServiceAccountDirectoryPath had a typo, it was pointing to an invalid OU.
    Monday, April 25, 2011 10:54 PM

All replies