none
There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Question

• Hey Guys,

This is my first time posting here and I'm hoping I can come to a good resolve to my issue.
    I'm running SBS 2003 and I cannot connect clients to the domain because of an endpoint mapper error.

Event Viewer shows the error below:

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. ). Group Policy processing aborted. 

I've used this article to troubleshoot the error: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839880

I've come to find that I get this when using the portqry tool:
    Attempting to resolve name to IP address...

Name resolved to 192.168.1.10

TCP port 1094 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

TCP port 1025 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

TCP port 1029 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

TCP port 6004 (unknown service): LISTENING

I've disabled the firewall and anti-virus to see if I can get the ports to listen again as I think this might be my issue.

If there is anything else I can try, please let me know! This little issue is killing me.

I've been searching all over for a resolve to this, but I haven't found anything helpful.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:15 PM

Answers

• I actually was able to figure out what the issue was.

Solution was to change the login on the RPC service to local username instead of a different user.

Once I changed that, I bounced the server and then came a clean event viewer and everyone could log on to the domain without issue and PC's could also join the domain without issue.

Thank you very much for your reply though. I didn't know about the SBS best practices analyzer. I will remember this in the future.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:40 PM

All replies

• Let's back up a bit --

1. When did this issue first appear? Were there any changes (updates? patches?) applied to the server around that time?

2. Have you run SBS 2003 best practices analyzer?
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en

3. Have you tried rerunning the CEICW wizard from the SBS console (Configure Email/Internet Connection Wizard)?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sbsdocsteam/archive/2006/02/24/538808.aspx

4. Finally, run the following command from the server, and post results back here:  ipconfig /all

-Kevin Weilbacher (SBS MVP)
    "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"
    KW Support MVP Blog
    MVP's do NOT work for Microsoft. We give our time freely to support the SBS community!
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:31 PM
  • I actually was able to figure out what the issue was.

Solution was to change the login on the RPC service to local username instead of a different user.

Once I changed that, I bounced the server and then came a clean event viewer and everyone could log on to the domain without issue and PC's could also join the domain without issue.

Thank you very much for your reply though. I didn't know about the SBS best practices analyzer. I will remember this in the future.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:40 PM
  • Great. Glad to hear you got things working. Don't be a stranger to these forums!
    -Kevin Weilbacher (SBS MVP)
    "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"
    KW Support MVP Blog
    MVP's do NOT work for Microsoft. We give our time freely to support the SBS community!
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:54 PM
  • Hi:

Please run the SBS BPA anyway.  It will either/both show you stuff you did not know existed, or, it will give you greater peace of mind.

Larry Struckmeyer

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:12 PM
  • Hi:

Please run the SBS BPA anyway.  It will either/both show you stuff you did not know existed, or, it will give you greater peace of mind.

Larry Struckmeyer

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I will do just that.

Thanks for the insight guys!

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:06 PM