Roxio Creator Business error after sequencing. RRS feed

• Question

• I succesfully sequenced Roxio Creator Business 10, but when I attempted to lauch it virtually I recieved the following error: "All your drives are set to disabled.  On this operating system, in order to start Creator Business v10 DVD you must either physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive."  This error does not pop up if I physically install the app on a machine.  Only virtually.  Is there a way to sequence this to avoid this error, or can this app be virtualized at all?
    • Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:41 AM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum (From:App-V Sequencing Recipe Forum)
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This package contains 3 drivers, whereas I think only 1 was detected by App-V 4.6 SP1 sequencer.

I would say that the effort of extracting these drivers is far to much and would suggest a native install - which is shared on http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=2142.

If you attempt to sequence a new version - they do not seem to have the same problem, even though the sequencer detects drivers.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:22 AM
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:19 AM

All replies

• Have you determined any possible reasons why the error might show up?

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:40 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:41 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Is it possible that the application [installation] has stored some cached information about drives from the sequencing machine which then cause this issue on target machines? I would look through the application's registry keys for any suspect values referencing CD/DVD drives and/or any keys under MACHINE\System.

best regards,
    Kalle Saunamäki
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:32 AM
  • Hello,

This package contains 3 drivers, whereas I think only 1 was detected by App-V 4.6 SP1 sequencer.

I would say that the effort of extracting these drivers is far to much and would suggest a native install - which is shared on http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=2142.

If you attempt to sequence a new version - they do not seem to have the same problem, even though the sequencer detects drivers.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:22 AM
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:19 AM