exchange problem - small business server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm getting this message at few mailboxes (not all), and sometimes the mail get through, but mose of the time I get this when sending mail:

The mail protocol was unable to handle one or more requests because they were unrecognized or invalid. Please notify your system administrator.

Its happening after the request for delivery is being asked when sending mail, because we started to notice that emails do not arrive at their destination, without our knowledge.

The mailboxes who has problems use outlook 2003, and others which do not receive those messages use outlook 2007. I dont know if its related.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:07 PM

Answers

• Hi:

Is there any additional information in that message?  Does it occur when clicking send, or is it, really, a NDR?  If an NDR, do messages sent from OL 2007 to the same user go through?  And from OL 2003 is it consistant to just one user, or sometimes ok to the same target and sometimes not?

If it occurs when clicking send, there are a number of standard approaches to resolving these types of issues:

In control panal, mail, remove the outlook profile for the user and recreate it.

Open the exchange system manager and turn up logging on all exchange services.

But, usually, an NDR is a issue with the mail server on the other end.  If limited to one domain, contact them, by phone if necessary, and ask them to determine why your messages are being returned/

Larry Struckmeyer

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:17 AM
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:33 PM